Decision Maker: Assistant Chief Executive (Resources)
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: No
This report proposes changes to the HR
establishment that are enabled by the deletion of two vacant
positions, the creation of alternative positions and amendment to
existing positions. As well as enhancing service capacity, the
proposed changes will facilitate internal career development,
demonstrate the Council’s commitment to supporting the
employment of Armed Forces Veterans and provide a permanent and
paid supported employment position for a disabled employee. The
proposals also release a modest budgetary saving of approximately
£6,000 per annum. In summary, the changes proposed are as
• The deletion of a vacant full-time Senior HR Adviser position (Grade 8)
• The creation of a full-time HR Adviser position (Career Grade 5 – 7) ring-fenced to staff within HR Services
• The subsequent deletion of a position within HR Services (Grade 4)
• The creation of a supported employment position on a permanent basis for two days per week (Grade 1)
• The creation of a full-time trainee role within Organisational Development (Grade 1) and the appointment of an Armed Forces Veteran to this position.
• The re-grading of three Health and Safety Advisers from Grade 7 to Grade 8 to recognise additional responsibilities following the deletion of the Health and Safety Manager position.
• The re-grading of two HR Services Officer positions from Grade 4 to Grade 5 to recognise additional responsibilities associated with providing support for triage support to the service as well as responsibility for a routine employee relations caseload primarily related to recruitment and absence management activity.
• The increase in hours from 30hrs per week to full-time for a vacant Senior Systems Officer position.
Publication date: 06/08/2019
Date of decision: 06/08/2019